About the Minstry
The Government under the Administration of His Excellency, Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson, Executive Governor of Bayelsa State has made a workable system of Healthcare whose thrust is anchored on providing good Health Care services, to provide quality and standard health facilities, affordable health services, with the availability of well-qualified and motivated staff at all our health facilities, and the provision of health services to all at little or no cost.
The Ministry of Health is responsible for providing the following services:
- Formulating policies and providing advice on health matters
- Ensuring that the standard of medical care is maintained in health facilities in the state.
- Procurement, distribution and installation of medical and allied equipment for all state-owned facilities.
- Supervision of private clinics and maternity homes in the state.
- Registration of private medical and health institutions.
- Collection and publication of medical records and other vital statistics.
- Training of medical and other health personnel
- Implementation of national health programs