The Diagnostic center is of a world class standard and first of its kind in Nigeria. It is located at Imgbi road, Yenogoa.
The Diagnostic center is adorned with a magnificent building, spacious car park and serene environment.
The Diagnostic center offers diagnostic services which include;
- Pathology (Haematology, Clinical chemistry, immunology, Endocrinology, microbiology/Parasitology, Histopathology/Cytology, Molecular microbiology and DNA testing).
- Wellness (Health check plans, Wellness plans, Pre employment screening, food handler’s screening, cancer screening, domestic staff screening and preventing screening).
- Radiology (MRI- 1.5 Tesla, CT Scan – 160 slice, Digital X-ray, 4D – Sonography, Mammography, Color Doppler, Special Radiological and procedures).
- Endoscopy (Gastroscopy, colonoscopy, practosigmoidoscopy).
- Cardiology (ECG PAED/ADULT, ECHO PAED/ADULT, Stress Test/TMT and Spirometry).
The Diagnostic center has a lot of world class equipment’s such as;
- 1. Bionic medical microbiology machine, which is used for automated bacteria identification and sensitivity. It is the only machine in the entire country.
- Minicap Serbia electrophoresis machine.
This world class machine is used for hemoglobin pontification and treatment guideline in sickle cell anaemic patients.
This is the only equipment in the entire South-South geopolitical zone.
- Automatic Tissue Processor machine:
This fully automated machine is used for processing tissues and specimen especially for autopsy and biosis.
This machine is one of its kind in the entire country.
- Immunization machine.
- Embedding machine for automated embedding of tissues.
- Sectioning machine or micro tome, used for sectioning of tissues.
- Electron microscope (automated), this automated machine is used for real time microscopic investigation.
- Fully automated hormonal sample machine.
- Stress ECG and Rest ECG machines.
- 1.5 Tesla MRI machine. This world class is the only one in the entire SouthSouth geopolitical zone.
- Endoscopy .
This world class medical facility is one of its kind in the entire country and will make Bayelsa state a medical hub in the entire Nigeria and West Africa subcontinent.